To ensure you have a valid Marriage License on your wedding day, here's the scoop:
*You both must be at least 18 years old.
*You and your fiance must both be present to register for license.
* Picture ID's are required to verify name, age, identity.
*License is valid for 90 days from date issued (your marriage must take place
no later than 90 days from when you obtain your license).
* The license is valid in any county in California.
* Current fee $77.00 for marriage license.
* You may enter your info on computer there, which saves time in line.
* They do not automatically send you copy of your license. You must send back form with
nominal fee for certified copy of your marriage license to be sent to you afterwards. I will give you "keepsake" marriage certificate.
* Hall of Records, 1100 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara (805) 568-2250 M-F 8-4:00. PLEASE NOTE: they are not open on Saturday, so if we are doing Saturday courthouse wedding, you must have your license prior.